What can baobab oil do for your skin?
We discover for you the very high properties and cosmetic uses of a jewel of nature: Baobab oil.
The Baobab (Adenosine digitata ) is probably the best-known tree in West Africa (mainly in Senegal), Madagascar and Australia. However, in Europe, its cosmetic properties have been discovered recently.
The Baobab is considered the largest succulent plant in the world. It is an extremely long-lived tree, some specimens reach up to 3,000 years old. They are true natural encyclopedias that preserve the memory of the Earth. In some African countries, it is considered a magic tree. It is often referred to as “the Tree of Life”.
An African legend says that “if a person drinks water in which Baobab seeds have been wetted, he will be protected from the attack of the crocodiles, but if he dares to pluck a flower from the Baobab, he will die devoured by a lion.”
His characteristic majestic figure, with that horizontal cup, it unintentionally moves us to an African sunset, its trunk is gray, smooth, thick, fibrous (it reaches 25m high and more than 12m in circumference), and the silhouette of its large separate cup are Instantly recognizable, it looks like a tree that is turned upside down, with its roots facing the sky. The great thickness of its trunk is due to the reserve of water that it contains and that allows it to survive the great periods of drought in the zones. Where it grows
The Baobab has deciduous leaves that only grow during the rainy season when it is time to harvest them. On the contrary, its oval and irregular fruits, which measure 10-45 centimeters, are harvested in the dry season; and it is precisely the seeds of these fruits whereby mechanical pressing (1st cold pressing) this precious oil is obtained. Check more here http://www.naturallivingideas.com/baobab-oil/
Chemical characteristics of baobab oil.
Baobab oil is rich in fatty acids, both saturated (palm tic, stearic and oleic) and unsaturated (Omegas 3, 6 and 9); Vitamins A, C, D, E and K , as well as different chemical substances (amino acids, tannins, thiamine, riboflavin, …) that make it an excellent treatment for skin care.
Cosmetic properties of baobab oil
Beyond its beauty, its bearing and its longevity, the fruits of the baobab are loaded with vitamins and antioxidants. Baobab oil occupies a very important place in the pharmacopeia and African cuisine. The natives apply it on burns, bruises or abrasions, peeling or wounds to relieve pain and repair skin lesions.
It has a high emollient and calming power which gives it special properties for both skin and hair . In general, due to its nutrient and regenerative characteristics, it provides the skin with elasticity and natural protection against the sun. It is especially recommended for dry, very dry, sensitive and atopic skin.
Both corporal and facial level possess many properties among which are:
- Its softening power; soothing and anti-inflammatory.
- Excellent nutritive for dry skin, very dry and lack of shine.
- Hydrates while toning and provide elasticity to the skin.
- Provides a revitalizing, tensor and firming effect that is ideal for treating stretch marks, minimizing the fall of the breasts.
- A protective and repairing effect on hair.
“In some African countries, it is considered a magic tree. It is often referred to as The Tree of Life. ”
Cosmetic applications of baobab oil
Due to all this, this special oil is included in the composition of many cosmetic products:
– Anti-wrinkle and anti-aging cosmetics for the face and area around the eyes (creams, serum,). Due to its composition and its content of vitamins C and E (antioxidants), together with its regenerative capacity, baobab oil improves and prevents the signs of aging in the skin. It improves the elasticity of the skin and contributes to the production of collagen.
– Moisturizing and soothing creams (After sun, post-depilatories …). He is an excellent repairman of skins burned by the sun, as well as of dry or cracked skins. Coupled with its soothing properties, applied after sun exposure depilation, soothes and calms the skin. Relieves skin with psoriasis or eczema (hydrates deeply, relieves itching and helps reduce inflammation of the skin).
– Anti-stretch products for pregnant women. Baobab oil provides elasticity to the skin, so it is also indicated in body care to treat flaccidity, prevent and treat stretch marks.
– Lip Protector. In the labial products helps to prevent cracks and dryness in the lips, protecting them from the cold and the sun.
You may also like The Power Of Vitamin C In Your Skin